GOAL 1: Develop and deploy “Firearms Safety and Wellness Info/Brochure kiosks" in 80 % of OSSA Clubs.
- Update: An initial kiosk has been developed for clubs to use. 50% of clubs deployed
- Next Steps: Deploy remaining clubs by March, 2022
GOAL 2: Establish ongoing child safety/education classes, in 80% of OSSA Clubs, and train 2X each club's current member count (community outreach)
- Update: Surveying clubs of existing programs has started. TCGC already has a great program.
- Next Steps:
- Will need to develop and present initial options for clubs to try.
- The intent is to create models on all 3 options (Eddie Eagle, Project ChildSafe, Kids SAFE Foundation.
- The key challenge will be to have clear champions at each club.
- The Goal of the number trained will be a challenge. This will need focus to achieve.
GOAL 3: Establish and deploy New Member Orientation suicide prevention training tools (presentation, video, …) in 80% of OSSA clubs.
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention funded a professional video from Oregon Firearms Owners to Oregon Firearms Owners.
- Video filming was completed on November 19, 2021.
- The production company has a rev.0 and is working on edits.
- We expect a final product by January, 2022.
- Next Steps:
- Once the video is released in January, it will be time to work with member clubs to formalize their New Member Orientation or other means to reach members.