Use the Links below to see the Bill, Bill Text, and OSSA Summary/Update
Reference LInks below
OSSA is ”Opposed” to these bills, as written, as they have serious technical errors that will prevent their ability to implement or function as intended. As a result, well-meaning, lawful citizens risk being turned into criminals.
- SB 396 SB396 Text OSSA Summary Bans undetectable firearms and includes unfinished, untraceable receivers as actual firearms and thus requiring firearms procedures.
- HB 2510 HB2510 Text OSSA Summary Requires owner or possessor of firearm to secure firearm with trigger or cable lock, in locked container or in gun room except in specified circumstances.
- SB 604 SB604 Text OSSA Summary Requires person to obtain training, permit before purchasing or otherwise receiving firearm under circumstances requiring criminal background check.
OSSA is ”Opposed” to these bills as they enable local municipalities to make their gun laws (eliminates preemption where the State can only implement these laws), or are direct attacks on our citizen’s 2nd amendment rights to “Keep and Bear Arms”.
- SB 554 SB554 Text OSSA Summary Eliminates preemption, redefines, and bans licensed carry in “public buildings”
- SB 585 SB585 Text OSSA Summary Eliminates preemption, enables local municipals to make their own gun laws
- SB 592 SB592 Text OSSA Summary Prohibits lead shot for hunting. Currently allowed for upland bird hunting.
- HB 2543 HB2543 Text OSSA Summary Enables delayed, no time limit, rejection by no action background check process.
OSSA recommends ”In Favor” for these bills as they support responsible firearms use and improve prior legislation
- SB 502 SB502 Text OSSA Summary Exempts Confidentiality Program participants from firearms background checks.
- SB 503 SB503 Text OSSA Summary Implements Concealed Handgun License reciprocity.
- HB 2804 HB2804 Text OSSA Summary Enables Crossbow use in specific cases for hunting.
- HB 2872 HB2872 Text OSSA Summary Creates tax credit for background check expenses.
To either update your ranges' information or to list your range, please contact the webmaster.