HB3005 Update - Pulled from Hearing Agendas - Eliminates Firearms Preemption
UPDATE 3/31/21: HB3005 has been pulled from agendas for public hearing aand work sessions. let's kep an eye on this ...
HB 3005 HB3005 Text
- Repeals statutes creating state preemption of local firearm regulation and statutes creating exceptions to preemption.
- ORS 166.170¹ State preemption, …
- ORS 166.171¹ Authority of county to regulate discharge of firearms.
- ORS 166.172¹ Authority of city to regulate discharge of firearms.
- ORS 166.173¹ Authority of city or county to regulate possession of loaded firearms in public places.
- ORS 166.174¹ Authority of city, county, municipal corporation or district to regulate possession or sale of firearms.
- ORS 166.175¹ Authority of city to regulate purchase of used firearms.
- ORS 166.176¹ Exception to preemption for certain county ordinances
OSSA HB3005 Analysis
- HB3005 repeals all state preemption for firearms laws.
- HB3005 is an extension of SB585 ( which was pulled from public hearing on 2/24/2021. HB3005 enables local municipalities to independently adopt ordinances or policy on firearms. This would enable local municiples to attempt to override the Constitution, Bill of Rights, and state law (removes current preemption). By allowing each community to be independent and different lawful citizens may unknowingly violate the law and risk criminal punishment.
- HB3005 is so poorly conceived and written that there are no justifying remarks!
- Just imagine - You are taking your grandson to the range for practice and some bonding time or headed to your favorite hunting spot. But you are stopped as you pass through town; only to find you have passed through a newly generated gun free zone. You are now a criminal.
- HB3005 would create a patchwork of gun laws that will make criminals of law-abiding Oregon citizens!
Archive of Updates
UPDATE 3/20/21: HB3005 is scheduled for Public Hearing on 4/6/2021 (Link), and Work Session on 4/13/2021 (Link). HB3005 repeals ALL statues that govern firearms at the state and county level. This means there will be a patchwork of laws in every city or community in Oregon. This means you can be law abiding in one city and a criminal in the next. Get your voice Heard!! Use the links below!
- Submit your written testimony here!
- Register to testify at the Public Hearing Here! or register by phone at 833-588-4500
- Review the Bill details Here, and OSSA Analysis Here
To either update your ranges' information or to list your range, please contact the webmaster.